There are two types of biathlon coaching streams:
- Community Coaching (Biathlon Trainer and Biathlon Program Leader) – designed for Biathlon Bears programs
- Competitive Coaching (NCCP Competition Introduction, Competition Development, Advanced Coaching Diploma) – designed for coaching competitive athletes competing at provincial races, Canada Winter Games, Canadian National Championships and similar competitions.
Community Coaching Workshops
Biathlon Trainer offered every May and Biathlon Program Leader offered every September.
Competitive Coaching Workshops
Biathlon Alberta offers the NCCP Competition Introduction course. There are two parts to becoming Competition Introduction trained:
- Successful completion of six multi-sport theory workshops
- Successful completion of a practical dryland/on-snow biathlon-specific workshop
NCCP Multi-Sport Theory Workshops
NCCP Multi-sport theory workshops are available on an ongoing basis through the Alberta Sport.
Dryland/On-Snow Biathlon Workshops
Offered alternating between Dryland and On-Snow each year in the fall.
Coaching Professional Development
Offered yearly to registered Biathlon Alberta coaches.
Coach Training Resources
Coach Evaluation Tools
Canadian Sport Links
- Sport Information Resource Centre (Canadian sport job listings)