The Camrose Nordic Ski Club is looking for volunteers!

By News

Please see the message from Jan Stephan, the Camrose Ski Club Volunteer Coordinator, below:

Hello all athletes, parents and winter sports enthusiasts,

I hope you have enjoyed the Christmas Holidays with your families and friends!

Another Calforex Cup  race is upon us during the weekend of February 1 and 2, 2020. The Camrose Biathlon Program is once again looking for volunteers  to make this event happen. The times during which the volunteers would need to be committed are roughly between  8:30 – 9:30 am to 2 – 2:30 pm each day. Even if  you can make one of these days that would help tremendously.  The race will be held at the Camrose Shooting / Biathlon range by the Camrose Landfill 2 miles south of Camrose. To get volunteers comfortable with knowing what they would be doing and to connect them with the Chiefs of each section, I would ask volunteers to check in at the administration office desk around 8:30 am. Please, tell or forward the information with the sign up sheet to your friends, family members or any individuals interested in helping out to make this race successful. If you have any other questions you can contact me directly through my email at The large number of volunteers we will be needed at the shooting range (32 people), penalty loop officials (4), Course Marshals (6), at starting line officials (3) and finish line officials (4). There will also be a need in the office, sticker board collectors (2), Manual Timing Crew and Sticker runners and lastly 4 officials at the Equipment Check. So all together we will need around 60 individuals. It is not as hard as it may sound for those who have never done this before, and you will receive proper training prior to the race. Biathlon is an exciting sport to watch and you will have a good time, I guarantee, even if the temperature might be on a cooler side.

Hoping to hear from you and see you at the race.


Jan Stepan (Volunteer Coordinator)

Calforex Cup #5; February 1, 2020Volunteer signup
Calforex Cup #5; February 2, 2020Volunteer signup

Calforex Cup #3 in Hinton – update

By News

Athletes that were already registered for the Calforex Cup #3 in Hinton can expect to receive a full refund. Biathlon Alberta’s Cancellation Policy states that a 50% refund will be paid if an event needs to be cancelled but the race organizers in Hinton have agreed to pay out a full refund to the athletes that were already registered before the cancellation.

The refunds will be processed this week but it can take up to two weeks until you will see the money on your credit card statement.

The new date for the Calforex Cup #3 will be March 7 – 8, 2020.

The invitation and registration will open soon.

Attention: Calforex Cup / NorAm #3 west this weekend is cancelled

By News

The third Calforex Cup event of the season will be cancelled due to cold temperatures that are forecasted for the Hinton region. The Organizing Committee made the decision last night and the Technical Director supports this.

All athletes that are already registered will receive a 50% refund as per the Biathlon Alberta Refund Policy.

Athletes that were hoping to qualify for the 2020 Alberta Winter Games (zones 5-8) are asked to register at the Alberta Winter Games registration page HERE before Monday, January 13, 2020, at 12 pm! Athletes that are not registered before January 13, 2020, at 12 pm will not be considered for the 2020 Alberta Winter Games!  A selection for zones 5-8 will be made based on the Biathlon Alberta Technical Package Filling Policy.

Athletes should contact their Zone Representatives to ensure that they receive the cheque for the $80.00 team fee before Monday, January 13, 2020. Athletes that haven’t provided a cheque to their Zone Representatives before that date will not be able to attend the 2020 Alberta Winter Games!

Should you have questions regarding the registration process, please contact Biathlon Alberta’s General Manager, Elmar Heger, directly.

We would like to thank the Hinton Nordic Ski Club for all the work they have put into the event so far and hope that we can re-schedule the event for early March.