The weather over the past weekend has led the Organizing Committee of Calforex Cup #5 in Grande Prairie to cancel the event.
As Michael Morgan, Chair of the Organizing Committee, said, “by Friday everything looked good but an unfortunate combination of warm temperatures, sunshine, and wind created conditions that have led to this decision”.
Of course everyone would have loved to see the race happen and allow us to return for the first time since 2020 to Grande Prairie. We would like to thank Michael Morgan and his Organizing Committee that tried until this morning to fix the critical sections before having to confirm the cancellation.
Refunds: We expect no to very little overhead costs that have already been occured by the Organizing Committee. I will have to wait for the final confirmation before starting the refund process based on the Biathlon Alberta Hosting Policy 3.5, later this week.
We thank you for your understanding and support and hope that we can celebrate the end of the 2022-23 season with all of you in Hinton on March 4-5, 2023.