Biathlon Canada is offering 3 opportunities to complete Part 1 of the biathlon NCCP Competition-Introduction coach workshop online this summer.
Three courses are being offered:
- Option #1: July 24,31 and August 14, 12 at 18:00-21:00 Pacific Time
- Option #2: September 17,24 and October 1,8 at 15:00-18:00 Pacific Time
- Option #3: September 18,25 and October 2,9 at 18:00-21:00 Pacific Time
The course fee is $100. Registration for the courses is available here: https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=32502
The following modules will be completed in Part 1:
- Setting the Scene
- Creating the Training Environment
- Designing a Seasonal Plan
- Supporting the Competitive Experience
If you have previously taken either of the “dryland” or “on-snow” Competition-Introduction workshops and need to complete any of the above modules for your training, please contact email@example.com to inquire if you can attend to complete any outstanding modules.
These workshops will be delivered online and in English. If you are interested in taking the Competition-Introduction workshops in French, please contact the Quebec Biathlon Federation.
To register for a course, you must:
- be available for all four sessions of the course;
- be 16 years of age or older;
- be a registered participant with Biathlon Canada for 2023-2024; and
- have an NCCP number.
Please review the attached Competition-Introduction Coach pathway and complete as much of the recommended prior training as possible before the start of the workshop.
The learning facilitator will contact the registered participants in the week prior to the first session of the course with the Zoom login details and the course materials.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part 2 of the biathlon NCCP Competition-Introduction coach workshop will be offered by divisions, starting in October 2023. For information about upcoming opportunities to take the Part 2 workshop, please contact the Coach Development representative in your division.