The Calforex Cup #1 of the 2020-21 race season is scheduled for November 28-29, 2020. The 4 Bow Valley clubs, Calgary Biathlon Racers, Canmore Nordic Ski Club, Foothills Nordic Ski Club and the Rocky Mountain Racers worked very hard in the past weeks and months to be able to put this event on under the current COVID-19 restrictions.
We are extremely fortunate to have this event and the race committee is very committed to creating a safe environment for everyone involved!
There are COVID-19 protocols from Alberta Health Services and the Canmore Nordic Centre that we need to follow and many things will be a bit different this year than in other years. We ask everyone involved to be flexible as things are possibly changing by the minute!
We ask you to read the invitation to make yourself familiar with the most important changes to this event. You can find the invitation HERE.
Some of the most significant changes are (but not limited to):
- This competition is open to Alberta residence or participants that are residing in Alberta for more than 14 days on the first race day only.
- The zone 4 registration will open on November 9, 2020, at 08:00 pm and is limited to 150 spots per race day. You can register HERE.
- This event focuses on the youth and younger racers. Space permitting a Masters category registration will open on November 18, 2020, at 08:00 pm.
- The registration for all participants will close on November 22, 2020, at 11:59 pm
- No late registrations will be permitted!
- Coaches and Wax Tech’s need to register through zone 4 as well and only registered Coaches and Wax Techs are allowed at the race venue.
Please read the full invitation for further information and more details!
The 4 hosting clubs and Biathlon Alberta are looking forward to welcoming you to Canmore!