2107-18 Team Alberta Selection Criteria
Each year Biathlon Alberta establishes selection criteria governing the composition and selection of teams that represent Alberta at National competitions. The objectives of establishing criteria are to ensure that:
- Athletes and teams representing Alberta are credible and competitive;
- Athletes receive the required information in a complete, accurate and timely
Team Alberta, attending the 2018 Canadian Biathlon Championships (NCH), will be comprised of selected and sanctioned athletes to a maximum of 35 athletes.
Selected Athletes are defined in the following way:
- 18 IBU athletes (Senior men/women, Junior men/women, Youth men/women and
- 8 Senior boy/girls
Sanctioned Athletes are defined in the following way:
- Remaining sanctioned positions up to a maximum team size of 35 athletes will be drawn from all categories referred to in “a” and “b” selected athletes above.
- Any athlete must obtain a minimum average performance benchmark of 85% in order to be considered for inclusion on the Alberta team.
Biathlon Alberta reserves the right to:
- Limit Team size regardless of percentage due to logistical and fiscal limitations.
- To reschedule races at their sole discretion.